Thanks to professional ring resizing services from Lyght Jewelers, your jewelry can be sized and refinished to brand new again. Our expert Master Bench Jewelers skill, paired with state-of-the-art equipment allow us to adjust the fit of your ring until it fits perfect. Our skilled master bench jewelers bring decades of experience working with fine jewelry, so you can be assured your piece is in the best hands possible.
Whether your wedding ring is feeling a little loose or tight, or you want to have the old family heirloom adjusted, we have the skills and experience to get the job done.
Ring resizing is a multi-step process carried out by one of our professional master bench jewelers. Many techniques and technology ( e.g. advanced laser welding technology) enables us to focus the heat on the specific area of the ring to protect heat sensitive gemstones.
• The first and most important step in the resizing process is to get the correct size of your finger. The width of a ring is very important in a proper sizing. Wider rings require a larger size than a thin band due to the amount of surface area in contact with the finger. This is why our master bench jewelers size your finger to get the perfect fit instead of a sales person. We like to get it right the first time.
• Next, we inspect the ring to see if there were any previous sizings done to the ring. This inspection is done to check for multiple sizing joints that will affect the integrity of the ring.
• Next, we cut out any previous sizings or just cut the bottom of the ring shank. This is where our master bench jeweler will insert or remove material based on whether the ring is sizing up or down.
• Next, we weld in the new material or remove the excess to get the ring to the proper diameter. Then we check to make sure the ring is properly sized on a US machined mandrill.
• The final step in the process is to restore the ring to its original appearance! This is accomplished in a variety of trade techniques depending on the different types of features the ring has.
The main concern involved in ring resizing is that the heat can affect a gemstones appearance, stability or simply loosening the setting holding the stone. The techniques and technology we use for cutting and resizing of a ring allows us to avoid any precious gemstone related complications. We focus the heat precisely and heat sync the piece in order to localize sizing without impacting nearby areas.
After the resizing is complete we check every gemstone in the ring to make certain all the gemstones are tight and secure.
You ring will be in Brand New condition! We re-plate the ring if white gold, and put on the perfect polish so it's ready to go right back on your finger like the day you purchased it. We provide a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee that any repair we do brings your ring back to brand new condition or better!