When you have beautiful fine jewelry, you want to display it to the world. That is what it's for, after all! Wearing your jewelry also exposes it to various hazards and forces that can cause different types of damage, including the thinning of the channels holding your gemstones in place. We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee that any repair we do brings your ring back to brand new condition or better!
When this occurs, the setting may no longer have the structural integrity needed and gemstones begin to become lose. Whether your stones have actually begun to fall out or you just noticed that they're making a rattle noise which indicates they are loose in the settiing, our experts at Lyght Jewelers can help by providing professional channel repair. We'll restore your channel setting to its original strength, and tighten all gemstones to ensure they stay properly in place so you can continue wearing your favorite pieces without worry.
Regardless of the extent of the wear your piece is exhibiting, we can complete the highest quality channel repair without changing the overall appearance of your piece. We'll take all of the individual features of your piece into account as we proceed, but the general steps we follow for every custom channel repair remain the same to ensure you receive the highest possible quality service.
• The first thing we'll do on any channel repair job is to assess the amount of damage and check the structural integrity an security of all gemstones in the piece.
• Next, we'll match the metal both in color and quality to ensure a seamless look once the process is complete.
• We take that metal match and form it into a wire that we can then work into the piece.
• To attach the new metal, we weld the piece to integrate it seamlessly.
• Finally, we'll refinish and polish the piece to have it looking better than new for you.
Gemstone and Metal Matching
If you did lose any gemstones due to a deteriorating channel setting, we'll source replacements that match your existing stones and reset them for you. We also have the knowledge required to identify the composition of the metal used in your piece and match it exactly.
All of this means that you get your favorite piece of jewelry back looking even better than the day you bought it, so you can show it off once again without worry.